Google 2022 PhD Scholarship Program For African Graduate Students.
Google INC have always shown interest in supporting African students, they have over the years organized many academic scholarship programs and now the International Company “Google” is putting together a PhD fellowship program to support graduate students in getting their PhD degrees from relevant African Institutions and they also have plans to connect the selected students with Google Research Mentors.
Google aims to provide technology research in various communities that are lagging behind in technological advancement, that is why Google continuously nurture and maintain close ties with the academic community.
Google PhD fellowship program was brought into existence in order to recognize prominent graduate students in Africa that are doing outstanding and innovative research work in computer science and it’s related fields.
It is note worthy that this fellowship program is for African graduate students of all social class and backgrounds that are promising PhD candidates with a desire to positively affect the future of technology in their communities.
Benefits Of Google PhD Fellowship Program
There are a lot of mouthwatering benefits that selected students will enjoy if they are choosen to be part of the Google PhD fellowship program.
• The selected applicants will enjoy the fellowship program benefits that is scheduled to last up to 3 years.
• Selected applicants would be given monetary incentives of up to $30,000 to cover their daily expenses, research activities, travelling and others.
• Selected applicants would be provided with a Google Research Mentor.
Requirements for Google PhD fellowship program
• Interested applicants must be full time graduate students that are currently pursuing a PhD program in any eligible African Institution. However Master’s students and professionals can also apply as long as they are currently enrolled at any eligible African university.
• Any Google employee or their relatives are not eligible to apply for this PhD fellowship program.
• African graduates students that are already being sponsored by another industry are not eligible to apply for this scholarship. However, government supported or Non-profit organisation supported students are given exceptions.
Needed Documents For Application are,
1) All available students transcript from Bachelor degree still today.
2) A maximum of 3 page research proposal
3) 3 letters of recommendation from acedemic professionals.
4) Resume of the PhD student’s advisor.
5) A maximum of 350 words about the influence that the Google fellowship program will have on your acedemic career. It is of upmost importance that the essay is well written because it would be reviewed by a board.
The deadline for the application is on the 27th of April 2022, interested and qualified students are expected to go to
https://research.google/outreach/phd-fellowship/ to apply. In conclusion, African graduate students (PhD) from all background should take hold of this great opportunity that is being provided by Google as it may be the boost their academic career needs.
Leave a Reply