List of Weekend Data Plans on (Airtel, 9mobile, Glo & MTN) in 2022
Choose from the best, cheapest and fast weekend data plans on all Network to extend the fun through the weekend.
Get all the scintillating weekend data plans on all networks in Nigeria to browse during the weekend. This post on NaijaLanded.com.ng contains the Airtel weekend plan, 9mobile Weekend Plan, Glo Weekend Plan and MTN Weekend Plan.
Our network providers have indeed tried in terms of providing cheap and valuable data tariffs for Nigerians but it’s just never enough. Satisfaction in this context is just a complicated word to use because our “satisfaction never gets satisfied “.
Even though some of these network providers have failed to provide us with unlimited, cheap and regular plans during the day that spans a specific period without any constraint whatsoever, I have to commend their efforts because they have succeeded in providing us with amazing, cheap and value-for-money weekend data plans.
How to Subscribe and Browse via Weekend Data Plans on All Networks in Nigeria
9mobile Weekend Data Plan
9mobile is only giving you two-weekend data bundle options, they include 3GB for 1k and 7GB for 2k.
- To Subscribe to 9mobile 3GB Weekend Data; Load N1000 and Dial *229*3*12#
- To Subscribe to 9mobile 7GB Weekend Data; Load N2000 and Dial *229*3*13#
Data is usable only at weekends and will work on all devices (Android, PC, iOS etc.)
Airtel Weekend Data Plan
Airtel used to have a dedicated weekend plan until it was discontinued. The fact that there isn’t a weekend data bundle doesn’t mean there aren’t other interesting data plans for the weekend.
Here are two data plans I’ve carefully selected that offer value; they include, 2GB for N500 naira and 1GB for N300 naira.
- For 2GB for N500: Recharge N500 on your Airtel Sim, Dial *141*504# to subscribe, Dial *140# to check data (valid for 2 days).
- For 1GB for N300: Recharge N300 on your Airtel Sim, Dial *141*354# to subscribe, Dial *140# to check data (valid for 1 day).
This plan certainly works on all devices and SIM.
Glo Weekend Data Plan
This is about the best weekend plan among all networks, Glo gives you a whopping 3GB for N500 only and can be used at night, see details…
- To Subscribe For Glo Weekend Plans; Recharge N500 on your phone,
- Dial *127*61# or SMS 61 to 127 and follow the prompt (Data Services >> Buy Data >> Night and Weekend plans), you can then select 1 for Night plan.
Works on all devices and its duration/validity are 2 (Sat & Sun) + 5 Nights (Mon – Fri) = 7 Days, in details it works between 12:00 am on Saturday to 11:59 pm on Sunday (It can be used at night during the week between 12.00 am to 5.00 am).
MTN Weekend Data Plan (Discontinued)
This is not like the normal weekend plans, this one is more of a bonus plan that allows you to browse with free data awarded to you after subscribing to a specified data bundle on your MTN line. It’s called “MTN WowWeekend“, and all lines are eligible for this promo. Here are some offers sent to me through SMS informing men this weekend offer.
- “Special offer! Buy 100MB for N200 and get 500MB FREE data. Dial *131*113# to activate. Dial *131*4# to view data bonus. Bonus Valid for 24 hrs.”
- Special offer! Buy 750MB for N500 and get 3.75GB FREE data. Dial *131*103# to activate. Dial *131*4# to view data bonus. Bonus Valid till Sunday 11:59 pm
Check out for more offers on WowWeekend here.
Alternatively, MTN users can opt for the brand new plans introduced for those who are looking to stay online for a day or two. These new bundles are suitable for people who want to stay connected, these can be alternatives to the WowWeekend plans discontinued.
Here are details about these new data bundles:
MTN 1GB for N350
- Dial *131*155# (Valid for 1 day)
MTN 2GB for N500
- Dial *131*154# (Valid for 2 days)
You can check out more MTN Data Plans in Nigeria if you aren’t satisfied with what you have up there.
With the list above, I want to believe you now have an idea of all the prices and the data size of all network’s weekend data plans look like, which one of the above do you think is the best and cheapest?