The Sudkulturfonds 100 Artists grant for early stage artists
The 100 Artists open call is a response to the pandemic-related travel restrictions. For artists from partner countries of the Sudkulturfonds, access to the cultural markets and professional networks in Switzerland and Europe has been largely cut off. In turn, many events and opportunities for Swiss cultural promoters and presenters to identify and meet emerging artists from across the globe have disappeared. This call for entries is part of a longer-term strategy to initiate virtual relationships, build and support digital networks, and draw attention to the diverse artistic achievements in the global south and east despite limited mobility. The grant aims at strengthening the professional and financial livelihoods of eligible artists early in their professional journey and promote their presence within the Swiss cultural market.
Eligibility criteria for the The Sudkulturfonds 100 Artists grant
- Professional artists and art collectives across all art disciplines who are both from and based in one of the eligible countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast and Southwest Asia and East Europe (Non-EU countries).
- Please consult the DAC List of ODA Recipients to check if the country where you live, and work, is listed.
- The 100 Artists open call specifically supports artists and art collectives who are in the early stage of their careers with 2-10 years of professional experience.
- This grant was developed for artists and art collectives who have yet to be substantially recognised within their field, the media, funding circles or the public at large.
- Artist profile video
- Video transcription in English
- 1-2 work samples
- Completed application form
Call for entries opens: April 1, 2022
Submission deadline: May 8, 2022 (23:59 UTC +2)
Grant recipients announced: July 4-8, 2022
For More Information:
Leave a Reply